What is K-Laser?
It improves circulation by drawing water, oxygen, and nutrients to the affected area and creates an ideal healing environment. Improving circulation then helps to reduce pain, inflammation, swelling, and muscle spasms.
Common conditions treated include:
- Low back pain
- disc degeneration
- sprains & strains
- Neck pain
- sports injuries
- chronic pain
- disc degeneration
- Arm pain
- acute injuries
- muscle soreness
- Knee pain
- post-knee replacement
- sports injuries
- Baker’s cyst
- muscle/ligament injuries
- Bell’s palsy
- rotator cuff strains & tears
- frozen shoulder
- Wrist & hand pain
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- trigger finger
- arthritic joints
- Hip & SI Joint
- post hip replacement
- tennis & golfers elbow
- Ankle & foot
- plantar fasciitis
- heel pain
- Muscle spasms / trigger points
Enhanced tissue healing
The K-Laser treats a vast number of issues, we welcome you to make a complimentary consultation appointment with Dr. Charles McDonald (certified K-Laser provider) to see if K-laser treatment is right for you. Request your free consultation now.
FAQ's about the K-Laser
Is it safe?
Since this therapy uses light and not heat it is considered very safe and there are no known side effects.
How long until I see pain relief?
Most patients see an improvement in pain relief in as little as 3 treatments, and majority are able to return to normal daily activities with no pain or restricted movement after their therapy is completed.
How long do treatments typically take?
Treatments take 5 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated (Neuropathy treatments take 25 to 30 minutes) and are performed in office. Treatment plans are decided after a physical exam of the condition.
How many treatments do I need?
After your complimentary consultation, a treatment plan is decided by you and Dr. McDonald depending on your medical condition and schedule. Treatment plans range from daily for more acute conditions, to 2-3 times a week and tapering from there for more chronic conditions.
Do K-Laser treatments hurt?
Most feel little sensation or none during treatment. If one feels anything it is a mild, soothing warmth or tingling. If the area is painful or inflamed it may be more sensitive before pain reduction.
Are the K-Laser treatments covered by insurance?
At this time the K-Laser is not covered by insurance. Many insurance companies have a reluctance to adopt emerging therapies. As demand for laser therapy continues to increase, insurance companies may find it necessary to include it in their coverage.
For pricing on individual treatments as well as treatment plans please call our office.
K-Laser - backed by science
Mechanism of Action – Video
The K-Laser class 4 laser therapy treatments help you recover from a variety of medical conditions. This video reviews how the mechanisms behind the K-Laser enhances healing. Talk with Dr. McDonald today to see how the K-Laser can help you.
This report is a summary of 15 studies with over 1,000 patients showing the positive benefit of laser on back pain.
Seventeen studies were used in this report showing a more rapid improvement with laser compared with other physical therapy interventions.
There are thousands of studies showing the benefits of laser light for degenerative or osteoarthritis, this study targets the hand and confirms decreased pain and swelling as well as increased mobility.
Type II diabetic neuropathy is common and can be devastating regarding quality of life. This study reveals there is help with laser therapy.
This study shows that high power laser is effective for treating the pain and disability of subacromial shoulder impingement syndrome, utilizing 42 patients.
Sixty-three patients were studied at various time period with the conclusion that laser therapy was effective in reducing pain and disability.
Chemo-Induced neuropathy unfortunately is all too common. Finally, there is proof that the K-Laser (used in this study) produced significant reduction in symptoms of pain, numbness and tingling.
How the K-Laser works in the body
- Enhances tissue repair and cell growth: Photons of light from the laser penetrates deeply into the damaged tissue and accelerates cellular reproduction and growth. This increases the energy available to the cell so that it can get the nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. This results in the cells of the tendons, ligaments and muscles being repaired faster.
- Accelerated wound healing: The light from the laser stimulates the building blocks of collagen in the damaged tissue. Collagen is a crucial protein required to replace the old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, laser therapy is effective on the pain and healing open wounds, scars and burns.
- Reduced scar tissue: Scar tissue can be a primary source of chronic pain. The K-Laser reduces fibrous tissue formation following damage from cuts, scratches, burns, injuries, and surgery.
- Anti-inflammation: The K-Laser light decreases swelling and inflammation from the affected areas.
- Pain Relief: The Laser light has a high positive effect on nerve cells blocking pain transmitted by the nerve cells to the brain, thus causing a decrease in nerve sensitivity. The K-Laser decreases inflammation which in turn decreases swelling and causes there to be less pain in the affected area.
- Improved circulation: Laser light significantly increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue, which then speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue.
- Increased metabolic activity: Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells. The damaged cells can repair and regenerate faster.
- Improved nerve function: The slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged nerve tissue may result in numbness and weakened limbs. The K-Laser speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases muscle action which reduces nerve pain.
- Immunoregulation (the regulation of the immune system’s immunoregulatory T cells): K-Laser photons are absorbed by molecule enzymes which stimulates and speeds up ATP production. ATP is the major source of energy for healing reactions in the cells. This allows for long lasting pain relief.
“My Spinal Stenosis caused shooting pain across my back, severe thigh pain, and painful, numb inflamed toes. After K-Laser treatment by Dr. McDonald my shooting back pain ceased, my thighs are pain free, and my toe pain has greatly diminished!” – R.J.; Scottsdale